Conversion Rate Optimization Is The Next Big Thing!
Are you furious about your website not giving the desired results?
Do you have any idea why your website is not successful?
Want to get more conversions from your website’s traffic?
If the answer to any of the questions mentioned above is in affirmative from your side, then you must learn about ‘CRO’ i.e. Conversion Rate Optimization!
What is it?
In a layman’s terms,
‘CRO is a compilation of methods and strategies to improve the performance of a website with the help of analytics and user feedback’
The Wikipedia definition states
‘Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the method of creating an experience for a website or landing page visitor with the goal of increasing the percentage of visitors that convert into customers’
This definition makes it clear as to what CRO is and why you need to have knowledge about it if you are running a website.
In words of Admiral Grace Hooper, a pioneer in the field of computer science,
‘One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions’
And, this forms the basis of CRO!!!
Coming to the next part,
Below mentioned are the most prominent reasons why you should care about Conversion Rate Optimization these days –
1. Better Return of Investments – You are paying to get more traffic to your website, but lesser conversions means that you are not getting any profit or less profit than expected. Isn’t it? Now, won’t it be wonderful if you are getting maximum %age of the traffic converted? A well devised CRO strategy would ensure that you are getting better ROI’s and therefore, more profit!
2. Builds a Good Rapport Amongst the Target Audience – It is obvious that you will build a good rapport amongst you customer base if you are giving them what they want. With the help of CRO, you know what the visitors to your site are looking for, and therefore can give them what they want from your business. So, they do not need to go anywhere else. In short, they will feel that you value their time and build credibility for you in the market.
3. Cost Effective – The whole motive of marketing and building strategies is to earn more money. Isn’t it so? If your marketing strategies are bringing customers to your site, but they are not of the right and are not getting converted, then is it of any use? Definitely not! With CRO your focus is on bringing the right kind of customers for your business, people who love what you do. Therefore, it does not let you waste your time and resources!
To sum it all up, CRO gives you a slight edge over your competitors, after all with CRO you know what the customers are looking for, and can give them what they want as already stated.
How to do it?
Enough about what is CRO and why is it important, now coming to the most important part. How can you do it?
Below mentioned are some of the tips and tricks of this trade that you can employ to get the best conversions for your website –
1. Build a clean and secure site – You need to put yourself in the shoes of your customer and then think is you website user friendly? If you were a user, then are you able to locate what you want on the site? Most importantly, considering the rise in cyber crime, is the website secure? Can the user trust your site?
2. Know your site’s usability – As already discussed, the most important part of getting better conversion rates is to know your customers. Therefore, you must identify what your users are looking for, and once you know that you need to ensure that the customer is able to locate that clearly on the site. After all, you would not want to customer to simply run off from your site by getting confused and not able to locate what he wanted. Would you?
3. Make Sure SEO efforts are up to date – CRO is incomplete without proper SEO. SEO brings the customers to your site, and it is of no use if the wrong kind of customers comes to your site. Using the latest SEO techniques to ensure that people are able to reach your website when they search for it is a must!
Although, there are people who have been able to reap great benefits by employing tricks like simply changing the button color, Taking a wild guess about what the user wants, or Imitating a successful website, but all these are just myths that need to be shattered. What has worked for them might not work for you.
Therefore, you must not get stuck with these myths, rather you need to focus on the systematic strategies and see the results coming eventually with time!
To sum it all up, I would like to say that getting more number of users to visit the site is not important. What’s important is to get the right set of customers to visit your site which love what you do so that you can get better conversions! And, this is what CRO is all about!!!
If you find this article helpful, then you must keep on checking for more such informative articles in the future as well!